Conserve's Delivering Performance through Sustainability Audit: Visteon, Chennai
Visteon Automotive System India Private limited is located at Maraimalai Nagar, Chennai. It is a leading manufacturer of automotives in world; it has 21 manufacturing units around the world. Apart from Chennai, Visteon has two manufacturing units in India, located in Rajasthan and Maharashtra. In addition to being a primary supplier to Ford India (in line with its relationship with Ford globally), Visteon has also emerged as a key supplier to major domestic and multinational OEMs in India. Earlier this year, Visteon received ‘Global Innovation Prize’ from Nissan Motor for its pioneering technology & industry leadership.
Visteon has adopted world-class standards, which are consistently being followed in the various manufacturing processes. In-house quality checking mechanisms are also established in order to ensure product quality on par with international standards. As per the ‘Sustainability Policy’ of Company, Visteon Chennai is committed for reducing CO2 emissions through improvement of energy efficiency (10% every year).
To achieve this behemoth task, Visteon-Chennai has adopted various initiatives, resulting in substantial reduction in power consumption. In addition to the various in-house activities, Visteon approached Conserve Consultants for increasing its efficiency by availing the Sustainability Audits and Services. This was intended for achieving the ambitious target of 10% energy efficiency increase every year.
After conducting the detailed study, energy consumption of different equipments was analyzed. The major power consumption was associated with the Manufacturing Process Equipments like CAB furnaces, Molding Machines, Deoiler, and Degreaser consuming nearly 53% , while rest 47% was being consumed by utility equipment’s like Compressed Air System, HVAC & Lighting. The major power consuming utilities viz., compressed air systems, HVAC & Furnace were analyzed for energy savings. The following energy conservation measures (ECMs) were identified:
- In Compressed Air System, arresting air leakages in lines & increasing delivery pipe line sizes, contributed to improving in system efficiency.,
- In HVAC system, modification of chilled water lines, isolation of chillers dedicated to a particular system, contributed to the system usage controls & efficiency.
- In manufacturing equipment’s, arresting heat escape from the furnace, heat recovery from the exhaust etc. were identified.
- Adopting contemporary approach, emerging technologies based solutions such as Day light Controllers and SRI paints were suggested.
- Total energy consumption for the financial year 2014-15 was 14 million units. After the completion of audit, 0.35 million units of energy savings were generated, worth 3 million rupees.
- Approximately, 311 tons of CO2 emission reduction were delivered and mapped through energy conservation measures.
- All major ECM’s identified with a minimum payback of 6 months which gives savings of 0.30 million units.
We would like to extend appreciation to Conserve consultants Pvt. Ltd. for the valuable contribution towards carrying out the Energy Audit in our plant. Your professional approach was thorough and precise, with focus on resolving the energy saving aspects and explains the approach towards saving through various ECMs.
Visteon, Chennai Representative
Conserve Consultants Pvt. Ltd. (CONSERVE) is a global consulting firm in the business of planning, design, development and maintenance of Energy Efficient, Sustainable, High Performance Green Buildings and Organizations. CONSERVE expertise lies in Certification(Green Building Rating Systems eg. LEED, IGBC, GRIHA etc.) and CertificationPlus(Design, Construction and Operations) of Built-Environment Projects. We also offer SustainabilityPlus services at organizational level.
Visit Us At: www.conserveconsultants.com
Write to Us: email@example.com